Sunday, December 18, 2011

Moms Talk: Shaheen Abbas


Her daughter, Ayatal, 1 year 10 months old, was given the Rock Roll and Ride Trike.

Both my kids (including the 7 year old) went insane with excitement... We assembled the cycle at stage 3 where you can ride it. We were personally at stage 5 of impatience as it wasn't easy to assemble! But all the labor was worth it, each part being assembled was cheered on! As soon as the excitement died down, the fights started as to who would ride it. (And my elder son already has 2 cycles but...) I had to physically pull them apart and monitor their turns on the cycle. Now every morning we have a picnic breakfast as the kids keep taking turns riding around the drawing room (which is rather large) and visiting the dining table in between!

What I really like was that because it's made of plastic, it's really safe and the child has no chance of getting hurt. Also, since you can use it 3 different ways as your child is growing, it's value for the money and the child can use it for a long time to come. I do wish the height could be adjusted so both kids could customize it!

As a child, I loved cycling. It used to be one of my favorite activities. I have also always wanted my kids to cycle well and enjoy the fun one can have with it. It is a sturdy piece and can be used both indoors and outdoors. It has no irritating Chinese horn.

I think toys are a window to discovery for children. They help them explore and often help in developing skills. Many a time, they help in role playing and developing the imagination. An abacus and roll-along are passé, as kids today have increasingly high expectations. Fisher-Price has always delivered great toys and one can safely hand them to children. Wish they made on in my size.

No comments:

Post a Comment