Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Dear In-Laws, Lend a Hand

Is just a little grandparent involvement asking too much?

Dear In-Laws,

You guys are great. Really, love ya, you're marvelous people. I'm proud to call you my second mom and dad and my kids' grandparents. But I sure wish you would start acting like grandparents and get more involved with my kids!

Hubs and I were so happy to be living near you when we decided to become parents, and you were so excited too to be grandparents. Back then you talked endlessly about the joys of babysitting and future outings with the little ones. But guys, it's been five years now and those babysitting gigs and trips to the park with the kids are VERY few and far between.

It seems that almost every time we kindly ask you (with lots of notice!) to watch the kids when we receive an adults-only invite, you're always unavailable. Actually, you've never even offered to watch the kids!

And don't get me started on those Sunday stop-overs you guys are fond of...you know, the ones where you like to talk politics and golf and tell the kids, "Children should be seen and not heard" when they try and climb in your lap with their favorite story books. Come on, one reading of Fancy Nancy, or even a round of Chutes and Ladders, is not going to kill you!

I know you already raised your own kids, and I don't expect you to raise mine. But a little more involvement, playtime and OK, I'll admit it, childcare help, would be much appreciated! Especially by those two little people in my house who adore you completely.

Sincerely yours,

Your Exasperated Daughter-in-Law

Got a letter of your own you're dying to write but can't quite send? Send it to us! We'll publish it for you (totally anonymously, if you like!) and help you get that beef off your back!

Email us with the words "tuesday letters" in the subject line!


Learning Book Assistant: Teddy's Shapes & Colors
 
The Laugh & Learn Learning Book is baby's first page-turner! This assortment of two learning books features a shapes & colors book and a numbers & animals book-- a perfect set for baby's library.They’re never too young to discover the joy of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment